BOTE was founded in Destin, FL with the purpose of reshaping the standup paddle board industry from what was largely identified as surfing offshoot to a distinct culture built on conceptually simple, aesthetically pleasing and functionally innovative products that would appeal to people from all walks of life. The company has rapidly redefined the industry through the delivery of a distinguished brand built on a distinct mission; “To stand apart through industry-shaping innovation, fresh ideas and simplicity to create a product that defines a lifestyle.”
BOTE® paddle board company is seeking a full-time Social Media Manager to work on a diverse range of projects in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. Candidate must be an action-oriented individual who learns quickly, works independently, and creates solutions to diverse problems. Applicant must be comfortable with multi-tasking, resolving competing priorities, and meeting project deadlines. Candidate will report to Senior Director of Marketing and be expected to work closely with the entire Marketing team to best represent BOTE to the world. Organizational skills, attention to detail, and good work ethic are a must.
- Own BOTE’s presence across all public touch points, including Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and beyond.
- Create and own BOTE’s Brand Voice across all channels to ensure our brand has a consistent tone no matter where we are interacting with our customers.
- Possess impeccable attention to detail in terms of spelling and grammar and have excellent writing chops.
- Exhibit the ability to walk the line between gutsy, bold, and full of personality while also remaining respectful and helpful in all communications with the public.
- Maintain a 30-day detailed social media calendar pre-filled with posts for the coming month along with a 6-month general weekly schedule to coincide with Marketing’s overall promotional calendar.
- Be thoroughly experienced with a social media management tool of your choice – but must be an expert. BOTE currently uses Buffer, but this tool is open for negotiation.
- Practice continuous learning regarding algorithms, best practices, and trends across all social media outlets to provide useful insight to the Marketing team as to how best to leverage these powerful tools.
- Think creatively and analytically in order to both convey BOTE’s unique and fun spirit while also delivering against measurable KPI’s and providing reports to BOTE’s Leadership Team.
- Attend a variety of local BOTE events to execute live and on-site social media coverage.
- Work closely with Brand Manager to oversee, grow, and cultivate a strong Brand Ambassador program. Initial program oversight provided by Brand Manager with the goal of transitioning the day-to-day management of this program to the Social Media Manager.
- Communicate with the Customer Service Team to ensure all customer inquiries are answered quickly and factually.
- Ensure all social media profiles have updated/current branding to best represent BOTE and our current product/content spotlights.
- Other duties as assigned
- Passionate about the paddle board industry and the lifestyle that the BOTE brand represents
- Action-oriented, self-motivated and hard-working individual
- Thrives in a fast-paced and high-energy environment
- Fast learner who is willing get their hands dirty and learn on the job
- Someone who doesn’t get overwhelmed easily by having to multitask
- Desires a career that offers long-term professional satisfaction
- Associate’s Degree or Equivalent Professional Experience
- 2+ years of experience specifically regarding social media management
- Excellent copywriting skills
- Excellent time management abilities with a proven ability to multi-task and manage several deadlines at once
- Ability to work individually and in a team environment
- Robust knowledge of SEO, Google Analytics, etc. best practices
- Comfortable delivering and measuring against data-driven KPIs
- Passion for paddle boarding/water sports a plus
To be considered for this position, please provide your resume and a cover letter answering the following questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.