BOTE was founded in Destin, FL with the purpose of reshaping the standup paddle board industry from what was largely identified as surfing offshoot to a distinct culture built on conceptually simple, aesthetically pleasing and functionally innovative products that would appeal to people from all walks of life. The company has rapidly redefined the industry through the delivery of a distinguished brand built on a distinct mission; “To stand apart through industry-shaping innovation, fresh ideas and simplicity to create a product that defines a lifestyle.”
BOTE® paddle board company is seeking a full-time Product Coordinator to work on a diverse range of new product development projects in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. Candidate must be an action-oriented individual who learns quickly, works independently, and creates solutions to diverse problems. Someone comfortable with multi-tasking, resolving competing priorities, and meeting project deadlines. Candidate will report to Product Director and be expected to work closely with the Marketing, Sales and Ops. Organizational skills, streamlined production methods, and good work ethic are a must.
- Act as the central knowledge base for all product development efforts in order to facilitate efficient and effective projects within the department and be the Product Directors right hand.
- Manage all tasks and deliverable requirements within Asana or Excel
- Manages all tasks related to new and existing products –responsible for leading implementation of Commercialization Plans, pricing and cost targets, forecasts and financial modeling, sales training and coordination, promotions, packaging, distribution, etc.
- Translating product design briefs into a product stage gates and performance requirements and then leads efforts to create product solutions.
- Works closely with product team and partners with project teams to clearly define project goals and requirements. Ultimately responsible for ensuring products are being developed to meet identified customer and market needs.
- Responsible for all product definitions, configuration specifications and related system set-ups and implementations.
- Helps lead and support marketing and sales efforts by developing effective commercialization plans, conveying clear vision and plans to achieve product road map, proactive communication around go-to-market planning and execution, conducting product training, participating in key sales calls, developing, and creating effective sales materials, and attending key trade shows and account meetings.
- Product Design, technical specification, and product development experience a must
- Knowledge of composite materials (fiberglass, carbon, epoxy, etc) and processes is preferred.
- Experience with plastics (injection molding, roto-molding) and fabrics (Nylon, PVC Tarpaulin, etc) and the associated production processes is preferred
- Passionate about the paddle board industry and the lifestyle that the BOTE brand represents
- Action-oriented, self-motivated and hard-working individual
- Thrives in a fast-paced and high-energy environment
- Fast learner who is willing get their hands dirty and learn on the job
- Someone who doesn’t get overwhelmed easily by having to multitask
- Desires a career that offers long-term professional satisfaction.
- Associate’s Degree in Engineering or other Product Equivalent Professional Experience
- Project and Product Management Experience Preferred – However, passion for paddle boarding is priority.
- Excellent communication skills across all channels: in-person, phone and written.
- Excellent time management abilities with a proven ability to multi-task and manage several deadlines at once.
- Ability to work individually and in a team environment and also work with overseas partners.
- Strong computer skills and adaptability learning new software platforms.
- PC, Mac, standard computer printers and faxes, copy machines and other office equipment.
- Standard Design Software (Solidworks, Adobe Creative Suites, etc)
- Project Management software like Asana, Monday, or Smartsheet
To be considered for this position, please provide your resume and a cover letter answering the following questions to email@example.com.