Miramar Beach, FL
Send resume or credentials to firstname.lastname@example.org
BOTE was founded in Destin, FL by husband and wife team Corey and Magda Cooper, with the purpose of reshaping the standup paddle board industry from what was largely identified as surfing offshoot to a distinct culture built on conceptually simple, aesthetically pleasing and functionally innovative products that would appeal to people from all walks of life. The company has rapidly redefined the industry through the delivery of a distinguished brand built on a distinct mission; “To stand apart through industry-shaping innovation, fresh ideas and simplicity to create a product that defines a lifestyle.”
BOTE is seeking a Controller to join our staff at our Miramar Beach Headquarters. We are looking for someone with high integrity that has the desire to learn our business and help us continuously improve our Accounting processes and organization.
- Establish (where required) and maintain policies, procedures, and practices relating to the management of all accounting-related functions including accounts payable, accounts receivable, credit policies, billing, general ledger, and fixed asset accounting.
- Maintain adequate accounting system records, ensure timely completion of standard procedures (i.e. period-end closing, financial statement analysis, and daily accounting transactions), and consistently enhance controls and business solutions designed to mitigate financial risk.
- Perform variance analysis , investigate large variances, seek immediate resolution where applicable and provide recommendations for improvement
- Develop procedures and implement regular inventory cycle counting at company warehouses.
- Performs special projects aimed at supporting various Operational Excellence initiatives, controlling expenses, increasing profits, improving cash flow, and improving efficiencies at the plant.
- Ensure that effective internal controls are adhered to comply with GAAP and applicable federal, state, and local regulatory laws for financial and tax reporting.
- The requirements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by; is not a complete list of responsibilities, duties and skills required. Other duties may be assigned as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, business, finance, or related field
- 5 or more years of accounting experience in consumer goods
- Prefer Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Management Accountant (CMA) (not required)
- Experience in ERP systems required
To be considered for this position, please provide your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.