BOTE was founded in Destin, FL by husband and wife team Corey and Magda Cooper, with the purpose of reshaping the standup paddle board industry from what was largely identified as surfing offshoot to a distinct culture built on conceptually simple, aesthetically pleasing and functionally innovative products that would appeal to people from all walks of life. The company has rapidly redefined the industry through the delivery of a distinguished brand built on a distinct mission; “To stand apart through industry-shaping innovation, fresh ideas and simplicity to create a product that defines a lifestyle.”
BOTE is seeking a Logistics Manager to join our Headquarters team. We are looking for someone with high integrity that has the desire to learn our business and help us continuously improve our operation to maximize speed, increase efficiencies and minimize costs across the shipping and warehouse processes.
- Manage queue of inbound and outbound product shipments across the business, with a specific focus on freight coordination and optimization
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of freight logistics, including but not limited to National Motor Freight Classification (NMFC), Less Than Truckload (LTL) and Full Truckload (FTL) transit.
- Lead team to execute all product shipments in a timely manner, including the required communication and documentation:
- Receive shipping requests from Sales & Customer Service Teams
- Order Picking & Packing
- Create Invoices, ensuring tracking information/shipping charges are accounted for properly
- Promptly communicate any discrepancies or potential issues to the requestor
- Deliver Invoices via email
- Mark completed transactions in shipment status logs
- Provide timely freight and shipping estimates, as requested
- Oversee storage and shipping facility, including a team of Warehouse Associates responsible for the general labor, picking and packing of product orders
- Coordinate incoming deliveries from manufacturing sites while ensuring successful hand-off to Warehouse for receiving, quality control checks and shelving
- Reconcile carrier charges, ensuring that quoted charges are in line with actuals. Adjust accordingly, solving any issues with the carrier representatives if necessary
- Process all damage claims with the corresponding carrier within the designated timeframes. Includes regular follow-up from claim initiation through final payout/resolution
- Establish and maintain relationships with ground carriers, freight carriers, and 3PL company representatives to:
- Continue evaluation and regular negotiation of rates and services
- Ensure that we are maximizing speed and minimizing costs
- Maintain escalation channels when needed
- Evaluate, recommend and implement enhancements to increase throughout of all logistics activities (for example: internal process changes, new service providers, etc.)
- Proactively escalate issues and concerns to management to ensure timely solutions to potential issues
- Experience with freight shipping and logistics required. Must have in-depth knowledge of National Motor Freight Classification (NMFC), Less Than Truckload (LTL) and Full Truckload (FTL)
- Management experience required. Demonstrated ability to lead, train and coach others
- Bachelor’s or Associates Degree preferred
- Self-starter, able to work with minimal oversight
- Extremely high attention to detail
- Strong computer skills. Ability to quickly learn and use new software and systems
- Must be deadline oriented and possess excellent time management skills
- Superior organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- MUST WORK WITH SENSE OF URGENCY
- STAND APART – Being innovative by taking a different approach to what most consider standard. Proven ability to lead and manage change. The successful candidate will have a high sense of urgency and flexibility, combined with the ability to inspire others to accept change, be different and achieve more than they thought possible.
- COMMUNICATE – Talk, Listen, Question. The core of civilization. You must have superior communication and interpersonal skills. Have the ability to be persuasive, form relationships, tailor the message and delivery it to a variety of audiences including customers, employees, and executives. Strong verbal and written communication skills should be the standard.
- BE CREATIVE – Be able to look past the obvious yet not ignoring it. Assimilate these observations and thoughts into an executable idea.
- RESPECT – Have regard for people, ideas, material things etc. both ethically and in their qualities. We want our brand to be respected by consumers and competitors for what we stand for and as a major representative of the brand, this candidate must have respect.
- PASSIONATE – Having enthusiasm and commitment towards your activities, goals and directions. Affinity for the product and the target consumer. The ideal candidate will embrace the active lifestyle defined by our product. You must be able to relate to the entire vertical consumer chain. Strong record of achievement and demonstrated willingness to ‘roll-up-your sleeves’, with a ‘can-do attitude’ is critical.
To apply: Send resume or credentials to email@example.com
« All Careers