BOTE was founded in Destin, FL by husband and wife team Corey and Magda Cooper, with the purpose of reshaping the standup paddle board industry from what was largely identified as surfing offshoot to a distinct culture built on conceptually simple, aesthetically pleasing and functionally innovative products that would appeal to people from all walks of life. The company has rapidly redefined the industry through the delivery of a distinguished brand built on a distinct mission; “To stand apart through industry-shaping innovation, fresh ideas and simplicity to create a product that defines a lifestyle.”
BOTE is seeking a Full Charge Bookkeeper to manage the day-to-day accounting functions for the company at our Ft. Walton Beach Headquarters. The candidate will be responsible for Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll, Commission Calculations/Statements, Inventory Management, Monthly Financial Reports (P&L, B/S, T/B), and assisting with various other general accounting procedures.
- Monthly financial statement preparation and ability to communicate financials to senior management
- Monthly GL closing including reconciliation of balance sheet accounts
- Manage and Oversee Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable
- Prepare payments by accruing expenses; assigning account numbers; requesting disbursements; reconciling accounts
- Full cycle Accounts Receivable, including preparation of invoices and maintaining customer and vendor records
- Inventory management, assembly building and daily, weekly, monthly inventory reports
- Ensuring all shipment scheduling is reconciled and verified
- Payroll processing and reporting,
- Bank account reconciliations
- Daily interaction with POS systems
- Manage various tax and legal compliance reporting
- 5+ years of relevant and proven work experience and manufacturing/wholesale distribution experience preferred
- BS in Accounting required
- Highly experienced and proficient in QuickBooks Enterprise
- Strong Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Experience in small to medium sized businesses is desired. Understanding the operational standards of a fast paced rapidly growing business will be a key to flourishing in this environment.
- You must be deadline/detail oriented, have great time management skills and be highly organized
- Extensive knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Strength of character and cultural fit: this includes the capability to provide honest and reasonable feedback and taking an unpopular stance if necessary. He or she will thrive in an open and non-hierarchical environment that requires a high degree of interaction amongst functions. The ideal candidate will bring high drive but low ego
- STAND APART- Be innovative by taking a different approach to what most consider standard. Proven ability to lead and manage change. The successful candidate will have a high sense of urgency and flexibility, combined with the ability to inspire others and achieve more than they thought possible
- COMMUNICATE – Talk, Listen, Question. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- CREATIVE – Be able to look past the obvious without ignoring it. Assimilate these observations and thoughts into an executable idea
- RESPECT - Have high regard for people, ideas, material things etc., both ethically and in their qualities. We want our brand to be respected by consumers and competitors for what we stand for and as a major representative of the brand, this candidate must exhibit the same respect we demand from ourselves
- PASSIONATE – Having enthusiasm and commitment towards your activities, goals and directions. Affinity for the product and the target consumer. The ideal candidate will embrace the active lifestyle defined by our product. You must be able to relate to the entire vertical consumer chain. Strong record of achievement and demonstrated willingness to ‘roll-up-your sleeves’, with a ‘can-do attitude’ is critical
Compensation: Competitive Salary
We offer the opportunity to work in a rapidly expanding “cool” industry with a brand that is defining its own path. Your direction will dramatically impact the potency of the brand and will shape THE INDUSTRY.
To apply: Send resume or credentials to firstname.lastname@example.org
« All Careers