We are proud to announce that we will be sponsoring the 2011 Destin Fishing Rodeo. The rodeo will be adding a paddle board fishing division for the first time ever! The BOTE Paddle board fishing category will feature 2 prizes.
1St Place- Largest Species caught from a Paddleboard, PRIZE: Fully Rigged BOTE Board
2nd Place- Second Largest Species caught from a Paddle Board, PRIZE: Yeti Cooler
The Destin Fishing Rodeo is an annual event that takes place during the Month of October in Destin, FL.
Established in 1948, The Destin Fishing Rodeo is the ultimate fishing tournament for saltwater anglers of all ages.
- Open Everyday – October 1st through October 31st.
- The Rodeo is FREE to angler’s fishing aboard a registered boat in the Rodeo.
- Weigh-ins everyday on the docks at A.J.’s Seafood & Oyster Bar from 10 a.m. until 7 p.m.
- Open to Private and Charter Boats.
- Fishing on pier bridge jetty is free for anglers 14 years and younger. A $25 fee is required for anglers 15 and over.
- Over 30,000 anglers compete throughout the month of October.
- Over $100,000 awarded in cash and prizes.
- Daily, weekly and overall prizes.
- Junior, Teen, Ladies and Senior Divisions.
- Virtually every gamefish is recognized with awards during the Rodeo. Whether you’re trolling inshore for King Mackerel, offshore for Marlin and Sailfish, or fishing the deep bottoms for Red Snapper and Grouper, you’ll be in the running for prizes.
For more rodeo info check out www.destinfishingrodeo.org.
Any angler fishing from a paddle board will be eligible for the rodeo. As of now, there will be no entrance fee for those who enter their paddle boards into the rodeo. The increasing popularity of paddle boarding in the area should make for a great turn-out at the rodeo!